Skip to main content

What I have learn so far!


In my Introduction to you piece I had mention that I have been wanting to write for some time and I wanted to write about my experience of living Istanbul, Turkey.   However upon me starting to write I started to come up with all these different ideals as to what to write about. When I started my new temp assignment, my job wanting me to do research on how to start a blog and maintain it for work.  You see my job has a blog but they were not doing anything with it, just sitting there waiting to be acknowledge.  I (at that time) did not know anything about starting a blog let alone maintaining one. So I started spending countless hours on research.  (After all I am the research Queen!) Reading valuable advise and helpful hints to expand my understanding as to exactly how blogging is done with the help of social media, it can help get the viewers and/ or make money from writing a blog.  Sweet! However I am not in it for that.

The one of the few things that I keep seeing is that when writing my blog make sure that I make it mine by being myself.  Ladies and gentlemen, are you guys for real?  Are you saying that it is ok for me to be myself in my blog?  That in it its self can be dangerous and the reason I am saying this is because I do wonder about a lot of things and I have a lot of ideals that I want to put on paper not just
in what I was originally wanted to write about. I definitely want to have fun with it and be hilarious in what I write.  I know that there will be sometimes where I would have to be both objective and subjective in what I write.(Hhmm!)  However anything and everything that I will write about will be written in sincerity and from my heart. Ok I might throw in some hormones (giggles. . .hahaha!), however I want people to know that I really do like to write because I believe that I can best express myself when I am being angry, aggressive, passionate, silly, and psychological in a common sense kind of way.  After all my blog is called "The Common Sense of It All!"

Another thing that I learned was that I should have at least a pipeline of 15 drafts set up and getting ready for publish onto my blog.  Now this is all cool and dandy if you are planning to post a piece a few time in a month.  So in my mind I am thinking that if I post about 8 pieces in a month's time, that 2 post each week, then I should be good, right?  Now take into consideration that people like have lives to live. And this would take some serious commitment on my part to actual sit my butt down and focus on writing these pieces.  With that said, I soon quickly started writing in short quick drafts and saving them so that I can finish writing them later.  Now for me this does make common sense to for the fact that I can add little by little while I am thinking about that topic and other topics. See the thing about writing is that you always have to go over what you are writing about and have the "I" dotted, the "T" crossed, and the punctuation in the right places.  it also causes you to do some extra research if you have to.  That will not always be the case with me because I am writing to express myself for everyone to view my mental picture. 

Now as I continue with my research, I am also starting to real understand the importance of using social media to work in my advantage. Sharing my blog on the major social media websites like Google +, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Stumble Upon would help reach people that I would normally would not have.  Though I am not too sure about LinkedIn because that is very professional website and what I will be writing about will not have any relations to it.  With Pinterest I would need to learn how to create those wedges so that you pinned my blog if you like on Pinterest. This was another thing that I had learned as I was doing my research on starting a blog.  And as for Stumble Upon, this is a new website to me so I really have to explore it some more.  But here is a contradicting thing that I ran across.  Some bloggers were saying that having too many social media can to bad for you.  Not understanding this piece of common sense at all!  However since I am writing for pure enjoyment, I will stick to the top 6 that I mentioned earlier.  And for those of you who are looking into blogging for money should do further research into Snapchat, Vemco and others.

This brought me to a question as to how would I go about organizing my social medias with my kind of schedule?  I am like everyone else; I work a full time job and I go to school full time.  I have a family life, a social life, and sometimes a dating life. (That is a strong sometimes!)   So in my research I recently learn about Buffer, Hootsuite, and Rignite and how they help me with spreading my blog across various social medias all at one.  For what I understand them to be as three different websites that can help you to monitor all your social profiles in a single dashboard as well as letting you to engage with your social profile from it.  But the thing with them is that there is a small monthly fee to use any of the three, and I would advise to everyone to really think about how you use social media before getting one of them.  I was not happy with Buffer because I was only able to add LinkedIn and Twitter; Google+ was not available to supposed however I can still add other social websites.  Rignite let you have up to 30 while Hootsuite allows you to have 35 social medias.  Now this got me to think about just how many social medias did I sign up for and now I have to make a list to understand what I signed up for out there!

I think the number one thing that I learned from my research is . . . be careful with your spelling and prevent typos, especially with Twitter! It is damn shame that we only get 140 characters to say everything.  However this is why proofreading is very important. To correct yourself before posting. Because you can't do rough drafts on Twitter!

WOW! I can not believe how much time and effort I am really putting into getting my blog out there to entertain people with!  And I am still researching because it is always good to have that knowledge in the back of your head for later situations. (After all I did say Research this Dum Dum!)  This acknowledge is going to help me to share my writing abilities, my wittiness, and my crazy thoughts with everyone.  Well, not everyone, only with those who have common sense.

Stay tune everyone . . . . (A smile with a wink!)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I love Haters!

It is going to come off as being sarcastic or sadistic however just let me tell you the truth.  I really do love Haters!  Their negative energy gives me the best energy to keep moving forward in accomplishing my goals. I am not going to argue with as why they hate because I am being me.  Think about it!  Do you even know why your Haters hate you? What did you do for them to hate you?  I bet you don't even know why, do you?  I thought of some reasons why Haters hate. Your accomplishments stands greater than they actual do, even with heels on!  The fact that you are willing and able to go out there and get that education to empower yourself is a threat to them.  Other than finishing high school, what else did you with your education?  Since 2008, I have obtain an A.S. in English, a Master Certificate in Telecommunication Technology, an Executive Certificate in the Cloud and in IT Security, a B.A. in Computer Network Management and I am currently working on my Master in Informati

Learning Language and Love

Okay so once again I was reading in my favorite book, The Book of Questions when I became stuck on this question: If it was the only way you could remain with the love of your life, would you be willing for both of you to wake up tomorrow as native speakers of an unfamiliar foreign language, knowing the within a week you’d permanently forget the languages you now speak and largely be cut off from your friends and culture?  If so, what new language would you want to speak, and why? The first thing that came to mind was who would not want a lover or have the thought of having that foreign lover who could either speak French and Italian.  I know I did and I think that is why I took up Spanish in high school for the last 2 years. Then when I got in college, I continue with my Spanish and I took up Russian, Greek and Italian. Crazy right? Considering the Greek and Russian alphabets are so similar and that Spanish and Italian have some similar words. It was not until 9 years later

Being that Empty-Nester

Okay to all parents who are sitting around wondering what do I do now that the kids are gone? Surely most parents have thought about this question. “ What do we do once the kids have moved on with their lives?”  I did not have to ask that question because I could not wait for Nick to get his ass out the house and stay out!! I was feeling a new sense of freedom dancing around around the house and emptying a bottle of wine in my own celebration.  However that was me and you may have your own ideal as to what you want to do. It is just where to start, right? I think I tired several times before I have to force him to not return.  (Well, he had already enrolled in the Army to go full time so I thought it was the perfect opportunity for him to get his shit in order).  And I am so glad that he did. However I was already doing the empty nest thing before Nick even finished high school.  I had joined the Illinois National Guard and I was release with an honourable medical dischar