Skip to main content

Coming in January!



Happy New Year Everyone!

How many of you are happy that the Christmas holiday are over with?

January is here now and it is time to start thinking about what we want to accomplish in 2016.  First let's acknowledge that it is 2016!  WOW!  The only thing I can remember about 2015 is my son accomplishments that I am so proud of him for.  Not one but two MOS in the US Army and is now living in Seattle for his new job.  He's adapting and I am praying for him to have much success while he is there.

In 2015 we seen more event things that will specificity impact on our culture in the years to come.  U.S. has had to deal with the forth coming of racism between City Police and African Americans because of several shooting that were not necessary to use.  Because of this our nation has had riots that have gone beyond the extent of "How could you?" and "Why would you destroy your city like that?"

ISIS has made itself know throw the world with some events that will have a lasting impressions on our hearts like the two attacks in Paris and the one in San Bernardinas, CA and the destruction of a country like Syria where it's people had to run to other countries to seek protection and shelter.  And ISIS is getting on everyone's fuckin' nerves by trying to cause a new world war that has now included France, Saudi Arabia and Russia.  And ISIS should understand that they are fuck when Russia start striking against them.

Then there was Donald Trumps who has given most of us a new meaning to "Fuckin' headache!" with some of the things that have come out of his month.  Offending not just most of us here in states but also often other ethic groups from around the around.  And our government, wait I mean that there were some politicians who not only us a new meaning of the word "stupidity" but has also given us some classic stupidity moments.

Now as for me, the one thing that I don't do is make New Years Resolutions.  Why? And I am not the only person who does this or has did this, and that is because I have always broken my New Years Resolutions.  It is usually for one reason or another (only you know what your reason(s) why you broke yours.)  Me . .  .I just say the hell with it.  I figure I will get around to doing it some day but for now I have to worry about this next class. However I did set a goal for myself to complete within 6 months.  (Y'all are going to have to wait and see what the outcome will be from my goals).  But for now I have started on my journey to get it done.

Now some of you, I know you are happy to have your child(ren) back in school.  Peace during the day is what you were longing for during those two weeks.  (A show of hands that I told the truth here!)  The flip side to that is that now you have to started with the holiday cleaning of all those Christmas decorations.  For that I am going to say and wish you good luck on your clean and try not to break the other ornaments that the kids or Uncle Sal did not break.

A show of hand of those of you who dreading to see your next credit cards' bill!  I am so sorry and I will pray for your insanity as you worry about them.  You see, I cut my credit card up before Thanksgiving because I know me and how I shop.  So to prevent myself from getting into trouble, I just destroy the card and I will order a new probably at the end of the month or whenever.  I am really trying to stay out of trouble and I would rather have it when I really do need it, which will probably be around the time I complete my 6 months goal.  Good luck to all of you with your credit cards' bills.

If you have not already done it, then you probably will start exchanging those Christmas gifts that you did not like and for some of us wait until after Christmas or New Years to go Christmas shopping for all the last year's items to be at 70 - 90% off and to be the first to shop for all the new items that will be hitting the shelves.  (I will be the first to admit that is when I go shopping for clothes for the year especially summer. Because they will be 30 -40% off before advertising starts.)  Don't you just love it when certain family buy you clothes that you either (a)don't wear because it is too short and it is their way of telling you to lose some weight, (b)don't like style of clothing, and (c) brought you something for the stake of buying you something.   How rude! Simply fuckin rude! Go ahead and tell them to get you a gift card instead.

With the coming of January it means that you have start making out this year's vacation time, tax exemptions, and health care programs.  Go shopping instead! At work while you are trying to figure when and where to take the family for vacation, you first got to fight with the co-workers for the dates you want.  And I am sure that you have one or two co-workers you want to slap the shit of out of, right? (Pick a good dark late night for that!)  Going shopping would be easier than deciding if you should exempt or not and of course, how much! Hell, going shopping is so much easier to go than your doing your taxes! You can't get confused with shopping, unless you are an idiot!  If you have already figure out which health care program is better for you as an individual and for your family - congratulation to you!  I am still confused with my Blue Cross and Blue Shield that I should have stayed with the Badge Care plan.

My plans for 2016 is to focus more on my writing in my blog, put all the notes to together to write a book about my grandfather, and entertain everyone with my our stories from Istanbul (that Glenna and I sharing our many unsafe and crazy adventures).  I have asked my family for some of their fondness memories of my grandfather and I can not wait to hear some of the things they are going to say.  Of course I do plan on getting out a visiting my family members threw out the states.  I am in the mood to share my love and give myself extra joy by torturing them with my love.  What is family for?

Y'all, Happy New Year! Please stay safe.  And thank you for reading my blog.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learning Language and Love

Okay so once again I was reading in my favorite book, The Book of Questions when I became stuck on this question: If it was the only way you could remain with the love of your life, would you be willing for both of you to wake up tomorrow as native speakers of an unfamiliar foreign language, knowing the within a week you’d permanently forget the languages you now speak and largely be cut off from your friends and culture?  If so, what new language would you want to speak, and why? The first thing that came to mind was who would not want a lover or have the thought of having that foreign lover who could either speak French and Italian.  I know I did and I think that is why I took up Spanish in high school for the last 2 years. Then when I got in college, I continue with my Spanish and I took up Russian, Greek and Italian. Crazy right? Considering the Greek and Russian alphabets are so similar and that Spanish and Italian have some similar words. It was not until 9 years later

I love Haters!

It is going to come off as being sarcastic or sadistic however just let me tell you the truth.  I really do love Haters!  Their negative energy gives me the best energy to keep moving forward in accomplishing my goals. I am not going to argue with as why they hate because I am being me.  Think about it!  Do you even know why your Haters hate you? What did you do for them to hate you?  I bet you don't even know why, do you?  I thought of some reasons why Haters hate. Your accomplishments stands greater than they actual do, even with heels on!  The fact that you are willing and able to go out there and get that education to empower yourself is a threat to them.  Other than finishing high school, what else did you with your education?  Since 2008, I have obtain an A.S. in English, a Master Certificate in Telecommunication Technology, an Executive Certificate in the Cloud and in IT Security, a B.A. in Computer Network Management and I am currently working on my Master in Informati

Being that Empty-Nester

Okay to all parents who are sitting around wondering what do I do now that the kids are gone? Surely most parents have thought about this question. “ What do we do once the kids have moved on with their lives?”  I did not have to ask that question because I could not wait for Nick to get his ass out the house and stay out!! I was feeling a new sense of freedom dancing around around the house and emptying a bottle of wine in my own celebration.  However that was me and you may have your own ideal as to what you want to do. It is just where to start, right? I think I tired several times before I have to force him to not return.  (Well, he had already enrolled in the Army to go full time so I thought it was the perfect opportunity for him to get his shit in order).  And I am so glad that he did. However I was already doing the empty nest thing before Nick even finished high school.  I had joined the Illinois National Guard and I was release with an honourable medical dischar