Skip to main content

The Istanbul Chronicles: Moving Stuff

Here is another one of Glenna and I adventures.

When Glenna and I were getting to know each other, I knew that she lived in an area call Maltepe. To be actual she lived on Methap Sok., Mercan #7  Apt. 4, Adatepe.   It was quite some ways from me being 45 minutes by a mini-bus (I live those things).  I had often visited her at her at her apartment as she had often visited our apartment, especially for coffee.

In Glenna's apartment, she had a lot of nice big real wood furniture that I would have loved to own and I am still mad to this day that we were not able to remove majority them away from Edward.

While she was there in their apartment, Glenna by herself was trying to move those pieces around because of how big furniture was they were not moving for her. (Glenna is a tiny woman, I tell you.) She said she had been asking Edward to get some help in moving some of the furniture down stair into the storage assigned storage unit.  But talking to Edward was like talking to shit on the wall! (Y'all I am telling you, when it came Glenna, Edward did not want to do damn a thing for her. And if I have not spoken about Edward, just wait that story is coming.)

Anyways, Glenna asked if I could come over and help her move some furniture, and if I could Nick and the ex-husband could come to help also. Well, my ex claimed that he had something to do, which meant that Nick and I would go over to help. (Sidebar: I loved going to Glenna's place in Adatepe because the mini-bus ride was about 30 minutes and the driver always drove like a bat out of hell on a grill.  You would have thought that you on a roll coaster ride.)

So, there it was Glenna, me and Nick, us three moving about, let's see, there was a huge German style china cabinet that mostly me carrying while Glenna and Nick pushed into the depot in the basement. A table that sat 8 people that were heavy as hell, which Glenna left in the apartment. There were 2 more cabinets that were moved into the depot and about 12 or more boxes. I am sure that there were other things that I can not remember that the three of us moved.

The objective was to move most of the furniture in the basement. Though it took us four hours to do it but it was done for Glenna to be able to move around in the apartment.

Nick and I had to have left around 6 - 6:30 p.m., and soon after that Edward came home. He notices how empty the apartment was and asked Glenna happen to the furniture that was in the apartment. Glenna told him that she had it moved to the storage in the basement.  He asked Glenna who did she get to help her moved the furniture and she replied, "Victoria and her son Nick helped me."  Edward was like "That is no way that Victoria and her son plus you could have moved anything in the basement!" And Glenna replied, "You don't know how strong Victoria is."

So a few more words went back and forward between and the conversation about the furniture ended. So some time had went before Edward saw the kapıcı (the janitor) and thanked him for helping his wife moved some furniture in the storage in the basement.  The kapici said "I don't know what you are talking about, but I did not help anyone moved anything lately." "So you did not help my wife in apartment 4?" said Edward.  "Don't know what you are talking about!" was the last responds from the kapici.

It was a few weeks later when Glenna told me about the conversation that Edward had with the kapici and every since then, Glenna will remain Edward of how strong I am. She used that as her leverage whenever Edward said something weak about her. But every since then Edward has kept that eye on me like "I am watching you lady!" look.

There are more stories to come. . . .





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I love Haters!

It is going to come off as being sarcastic or sadistic however just let me tell you the truth.  I really do love Haters!  Their negative energy gives me the best energy to keep moving forward in accomplishing my goals. I am not going to argue with as why they hate because I am being me.  Think about it!  Do you even know why your Haters hate you? What did you do for them to hate you?  I bet you don't even know why, do you?  I thought of some reasons why Haters hate. Your accomplishments stands greater than they actual do, even with heels on!  The fact that you are willing and able to go out there and get that education to empower yourself is a threat to them.  Other than finishing high school, what else did you with your education?  Since 2008, I have obtain an A.S. in English, a Master Certificate in Telecommunication Technology, an Executive Certificate in the Cloud and in IT Security, a B.A. in Computer Network Management and I am currently working on my Master in Informati

Learning Language and Love

Okay so once again I was reading in my favorite book, The Book of Questions when I became stuck on this question: If it was the only way you could remain with the love of your life, would you be willing for both of you to wake up tomorrow as native speakers of an unfamiliar foreign language, knowing the within a week you’d permanently forget the languages you now speak and largely be cut off from your friends and culture?  If so, what new language would you want to speak, and why? The first thing that came to mind was who would not want a lover or have the thought of having that foreign lover who could either speak French and Italian.  I know I did and I think that is why I took up Spanish in high school for the last 2 years. Then when I got in college, I continue with my Spanish and I took up Russian, Greek and Italian. Crazy right? Considering the Greek and Russian alphabets are so similar and that Spanish and Italian have some similar words. It was not until 9 years later

Being that Empty-Nester

Okay to all parents who are sitting around wondering what do I do now that the kids are gone? Surely most parents have thought about this question. “ What do we do once the kids have moved on with their lives?”  I did not have to ask that question because I could not wait for Nick to get his ass out the house and stay out!! I was feeling a new sense of freedom dancing around around the house and emptying a bottle of wine in my own celebration.  However that was me and you may have your own ideal as to what you want to do. It is just where to start, right? I think I tired several times before I have to force him to not return.  (Well, he had already enrolled in the Army to go full time so I thought it was the perfect opportunity for him to get his shit in order).  And I am so glad that he did. However I was already doing the empty nest thing before Nick even finished high school.  I had joined the Illinois National Guard and I was release with an honourable medical dischar