Skip to main content

A Moving Experience!

Y'all I know that I have been slacking for two months, however, I have a very good reason. . . . I moved!

Yeap! I took another leap into another adventure in my life.

This move has been in the works since the beginning to the year.  Though I had one major factor in my mind at that time, however, it is funny when life throw some many things at you that will cause you think again as to what is currently going in your life.

You know how in your last few weeks or n recent weeks, reality always gives you something that will leave you in a state of mind that will cause you to either conscience or non-conscience make a change in your current place that slowly starts to hit you.  Regardless if it is a decision of changing jobs or moving across the city, across the state or across the nation. And the next thing you know is that you have to make a move or this move for best for you.

Then came crunch time!  See during the summer I was packaging all my things in tubs, the big 44 gallon tubs.  I got rid some book and packed away my fall and winter clothing and boots.  Repacked all the kitchen dishes and got rid of summer clothes to replace them with new summer dresses.  But when it came to the shoes, I do not think some of y'all understand how hard it was trying to narrow it down to which shoes were going with me: which high heels scandals should go in the suitcase, which should be shipped to Dallas or scandals go into the tubs for storage.

Yes people it was a huge dilemma for me!

During that dilemma, I had to decide whether or not to use private movers or get a POD: the POD was cheaper and more convenient.  But with getting the POD I have to get a permit to place the POD on the main street since we did not have a driveway in the front or the back of the house.  I had to make countless phone calls to City Hall, who then, in turn, call me back numerous of time to inform me that the street I live is a major Avenue and it cost me $200 for a 2-day permit. Yeap!

But wait! It is getting more stressful.

I had decided to ship the majority of my summer clothes to Dallas and I had scheduled for my summer clothes to be shipped by FEDEX.  I had seven packages ready to be picked up on September 6th and when the day came, I waited all day until 8 p.m. and they did not show up.  Okay, livid stage 1!

So I called FEDEX, spoke to a representative who let me know that there was no scheduled time for the pickup.  WHAT?! When I did schedule them online your company's website did not get time or else I would not be talking to a representative about this. And according to the representative they can come pick them up tomorrow after 12 noon.  No the hell you can not unless FEDEX wishes to buy me another AMTRAK ticket to Dallas. In a sleeper, of course!?  Okay, livid stage 2!

So long story short, the next day I had to rent a car to drop the seven packages off at a FEDEX Shipping Center at 8 in the morning. What fun did I have! Explaining the situation to employees at the Shipping Center, they gladly helped with the package and made sure that they were sent.

Until they called me while I am en route to Chicago to tell me that my packages had to be repackaged so that they do not damage while being shipped. Okay and thank you, and it turned out that they put the 4 small tubs in 3 huge big boxes however the very large tote had to be open and everything in there was put in a huge large box.  Okay.

My over-night trip in an AMTRAK sleeperette was comfortable complete with meals. It even came with an attendant who turned down our bed and got us anything else that we may need.  And let not forget to tell y'all that the sleeper car came with showers. You can find that in coach!

Upon arriving in Dallas, of the 4 suitcases that I traveled with, the largest of the four was severely damaged enough that I had to file a damage claim with AMTRAK.

Upon arriving at the cousin's house, I had to quickly schedule Time Warren to get cable, internet, and phone bundle in the house ASAP!

Upon getting settled in my cousin's house, need to clean the house and there is no food!! Let me get dolled up and go to Walmart for all the things that I need to take care and run this house. Lord!!

Upon that Saturday arriving and FEDEX delivering my packages, all was good and that include my "baby" HP desktop.  But my flat screen television, y,all I was simply flabbergast beyond belief. When I called FEDEX I could not even cuss them out because I was just too astonished from the outcome of the delivery. Yes, I filed a claim because I did have insurance on television.  But here is the irony of the delivery: so the lady is claims said that they will ship the television back to its original point of location, and I said: "Young lady, I shipped it to Dallas."  Which she still give me a confirmation for them the pick up the television and then for me to tell the person who came to picked the television up that I shipped it to myself.  How are you going to ship it back to me when I moved from Milwaukee to Dallas to myself? (Yes, laugh at the stupidity of this one!)

But wait, the final climax from FEDEX came that Monday afternoon, people.  I go to check my bank account to see what pennies were still there and to my growing surprise with FEDEX, I see an amount taken that I sure in the hell did not agree.  And what department in FEDEX did you think that I called? (Take a guess?)

BILLINGS!!!! And you bet your sweet ass, that only did I relay the entire FEDEX events including filing the claims on my television, but I also asked them to at least be reasonable regarding the bill for the entire matter.

Remember people, I am way too astonished to cuss! In fact, y'all I had to let the accountant in Billings know I was still to astonished to be mad. And I wondering how is it the FEDEX can packages for business with such care but for residents be so sloppy in handling their personal packages?

Ladies and gentlemen, I got two claims, a Time Warren bundle, and a refund all from moving to Dallas. Other than the freaking heat down here, I can not wait to see what else Dallas has for me!

And this boy here needs new pots and pans, and silverware . . . . all hell I just need to make a list!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I love Haters!

It is going to come off as being sarcastic or sadistic however just let me tell you the truth.  I really do love Haters!  Their negative energy gives me the best energy to keep moving forward in accomplishing my goals. I am not going to argue with as why they hate because I am being me.  Think about it!  Do you even know why your Haters hate you? What did you do for them to hate you?  I bet you don't even know why, do you?  I thought of some reasons why Haters hate. Your accomplishments stands greater than they actual do, even with heels on!  The fact that you are willing and able to go out there and get that education to empower yourself is a threat to them.  Other than finishing high school, what else did you with your education?  Since 2008, I have obtain an A.S. in English, a Master Certificate in Telecommunication Technology, an Executive Certificate in the Cloud and in IT Security, a B.A. in Computer Network Management and I am currently working on my Master in Informati

Learning Language and Love

Okay so once again I was reading in my favorite book, The Book of Questions when I became stuck on this question: If it was the only way you could remain with the love of your life, would you be willing for both of you to wake up tomorrow as native speakers of an unfamiliar foreign language, knowing the within a week you’d permanently forget the languages you now speak and largely be cut off from your friends and culture?  If so, what new language would you want to speak, and why? The first thing that came to mind was who would not want a lover or have the thought of having that foreign lover who could either speak French and Italian.  I know I did and I think that is why I took up Spanish in high school for the last 2 years. Then when I got in college, I continue with my Spanish and I took up Russian, Greek and Italian. Crazy right? Considering the Greek and Russian alphabets are so similar and that Spanish and Italian have some similar words. It was not until 9 years later

Being that Empty-Nester

Okay to all parents who are sitting around wondering what do I do now that the kids are gone? Surely most parents have thought about this question. “ What do we do once the kids have moved on with their lives?”  I did not have to ask that question because I could not wait for Nick to get his ass out the house and stay out!! I was feeling a new sense of freedom dancing around around the house and emptying a bottle of wine in my own celebration.  However that was me and you may have your own ideal as to what you want to do. It is just where to start, right? I think I tired several times before I have to force him to not return.  (Well, he had already enrolled in the Army to go full time so I thought it was the perfect opportunity for him to get his shit in order).  And I am so glad that he did. However I was already doing the empty nest thing before Nick even finished high school.  I had joined the Illinois National Guard and I was release with an honourable medical dischar