Skip to main content

How I Spent My Christmas Holiday

Happy New Year Y’all!!


I thought I start my first piece of the New Year with something from the past.


Remember when you were a kid and for the Christmas holiday your teacher told you to write a essay about how you spent your Christmas with your family?  Do you remember what you wrote in that essay? Can you remember what grades you were in when you had to write that essay?


I thought for fun that I write one this time because I can not tell how excited I was to be going to spend Christmas with Harry, Michelle and the girls. We had orginially discussed it back during Labor Day weekend, so right before Thanksgiving we had the made the plan for me to go there for Christmas official.  So the whole trip ticket for me to stay a whole week was purchased before November could even finish with itself.


By the first week for December we were discussing was to go.  I know that I want to visit the San Antonio Riverwalk. I have been to San Antonio at least 4 times and not one time did we go to the Riverwalk as we always talked about. Since I will be there for a much longer time it is on list, along with going to Texas do Brasil for dinner, going threw some well known neighborhood to see the Christmas lights and somewhere during the week we are going ice skating. (So can not wait to bust my ass with this event!)


I will be there to celebrate my birthday and so I thinking a cake, dinner and girls’ silliness.  Nope!!! Harry and Michelle calls during week 2 in December to let me know that they got something big planned and that I need to have evening wear for a night on the town. As much as my ass shop, I did not think about purchasing evening wear or anything to wear for New Year’s, which Harry and Michelle insist that I stay longer to attend a New Year’s Eve party with them. And I just couldn’t say “No!”  (Feeling guilty before it all starts)


So the ride to San Antonio went smooth and late as usually, but that is okay.  Upon arrival at the house, the outside was bright with festival Christmas lights, however when I walked inside it was another thing and I did not have any sunglasses with me.  More festival Christmas stuff than I could even image. I mean the decorations that were in Harry and Michelle’s house was something that I have not seen since my Grandmother when we used to live on Eggleston St in Chicago. (Those were the go days!) I counted four Christmas trees, including a pink Christmas tree, in the house and decorations where ever in almost ever rooms in the house, this is including the bedrooms and two of the three bathrooms.  Christmas stockings over the fireplace and three stockings on the wall, one for each dog in the house: Fifi, Houston, and Bella. Again I have not seen this amount of gifts since Christmas on Eggleston St., with most of the gifts going to the kids as usually. And the scents of Christmas through out the house.


From December 22 - January 2, we went to dinner at other people’s house for dinner. We drove around Windcrest for look at the beautiful decorations, and yes, I too video and pictures.  We had a lot of baking which lead to a lot washing dishes. (Trust me when I say that my hand are beyond the Palmolive Hands for dish wash.) Again it reminded me of days of living in my grandparents' house on Eggleston St. in Chicago. And finish the time there with New Year’s Eve at Harry and Michelle’s friends’s house with some amazing people, and we realizes just how old we are to try stay up. It was cute and hilarious in enjoy that evening. Now somewhere during these days, Bella decided to redecorate the house with things that she thought were appropriate. (That is truly a story for another time.)

Also during that time, I have managed to eat more tamales than I have ever eaten in my life time. With each tamale, I eat a different kind with amazing favor. And come to find out that tamales is a regular dish in the San Antonio area.  So WOW to that factor and to eat some of the other amazing food that I got to eat.

Spending Christmas with Harry, Michelle and the girls made me realizes what I missed most about spending Christmas with my family and what I do not miss about spending Christmas with my family. And there were a lot of don'ts!

Until next time. . . .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I love Haters!

It is going to come off as being sarcastic or sadistic however just let me tell you the truth.  I really do love Haters!  Their negative energy gives me the best energy to keep moving forward in accomplishing my goals. I am not going to argue with as why they hate because I am being me.  Think about it!  Do you even know why your Haters hate you? What did you do for them to hate you?  I bet you don't even know why, do you?  I thought of some reasons why Haters hate. Your accomplishments stands greater than they actual do, even with heels on!  The fact that you are willing and able to go out there and get that education to empower yourself is a threat to them.  Other than finishing high school, what else did you with your education?  Since 2008, I have obtain an A.S. in English, a Master Certificate in Telecommunication Technology, an Executive Certificate in the Cloud and in IT Security, a B.A. in Computer Network Management and I am currently working on my Master in Informati

Being that Empty-Nester

Okay to all parents who are sitting around wondering what do I do now that the kids are gone? Surely most parents have thought about this question. “ What do we do once the kids have moved on with their lives?”  I did not have to ask that question because I could not wait for Nick to get his ass out the house and stay out!! I was feeling a new sense of freedom dancing around around the house and emptying a bottle of wine in my own celebration.  However that was me and you may have your own ideal as to what you want to do. It is just where to start, right? I think I tired several times before I have to force him to not return.  (Well, he had already enrolled in the Army to go full time so I thought it was the perfect opportunity for him to get his shit in order).  And I am so glad that he did. However I was already doing the empty nest thing before Nick even finished high school.  I had joined the Illinois National Guard and I was release with an honourable medical dischar

When Hell has Frozen Over!!

When Hell Freezes Over is a term that is very often said throughout the day somewhere in regards to something.  This term means for something that is not to happen in this lifetime or in the unforeseeable future, or simply not a chance.  More or less we say it in regards to personally matters like getting marry.  I know my family said it when I got married in 2000.  Hell even I said, "Hell has frozen over, look at what I done did!"  Mothers and fathers have and continue to say it when they don't want their precious son or daughter to marry a certain individual that they simple don't like.  We use it when it comes to working out matters with a distance family members or friends.  You know how tempers can flare in certain ways! How about when something that has happen that you really thought would NEVER happen at all! Our immediately response is first shock followed by either "All Hell!" or "Hell naw! Hell just frozen over!"  This disbelief part is