Skip to main content

Obsessions!!

So I was talking to some friends about things that we are obsessed with. Everyone one of us have something that we obsessed about, take a moment to think about what your true obsessions.  Mines is watching tv shows from Korea. Occasionally I might catch a good one from China or Japan. Many of us have obsessions that is beyond the normal land what I mean by normal is afford; like collecting art, stamps, tattoos, diamonds to name a few. However let me narrow it down to a few obsessive things to be obsess about. If you had to be obsessed with one  of these things like money, sex, sports, religion or food, what would it be?

In my mind here is what I am thinking: Money kills!! You have people who are so obsessed with money that they are willing to killing a family member or their best friend. A stranger killing another man for his millions is very common. We see it all the time in the television shows. That is why if I ever win the lottery I am not telling my family or friends. Why? Because some of us know that the more money you have, the more problems you get. You got family members who think that they are entitled to get a piece of your good fortune. So they find a way to take that money away from you even through the courts. Though money is necessity to pay those damn bills, pay that car note or fix it, and to purchase our favorite foods with because we got to eat.  While most people spend more money on gas, I spend mines on Uber or Uber Eats. Overall most of us think that money is the root of all problems, and yes it is! That is why most of us have 401Ks.

When I was younger I was obsessed with sex. Now, I am at the age where I am ready to cut his off if he gets too happy it. If I become pregnant at my age, I am cutting his off. If he touch that Hennessey, I am cutting it off. And I love the person who invented batteries.

Now I have traveled around the world and have meet some serious sports funatics. Over in Europa a lot of killings be going on over some serious football (soccer) games. Here in the states, we just get injury with a flying baseball or a leaping quarterback. If you lucky you might get run over by a basketball player.  It amazes me that real sports fans will travel for the favorite team. The amount of money they spend on items for their favorite team like jerseys, hats, scarfs and jogging outfits, etc. The amount of money they spend tickets to the games as well as tickets for the flight to go to the game in a different cities or countries. They even know all the statics involving previous games.  I have a hard time understanding the statistics surrounding my neighborhood.

With all due respect to everyone’s religion regardless of your ethnicity, this is one subject matter I will not touch. There are people who are far more serious about their religion than they are about their football. Nope not touching it. I wish everyone regardless of what religion they belong to, good luck and peace.

As for food, this is a love affair that everyone has including the babies. It is a subject that I would like to spend my life with being in love.  You know when you have a full understanding of how much you love food when you start sounding like Fred Flintstone, “Where is my dinner, Wilma?” With today’s food some of us are obsessed with various ethnic foods, certain dishes, variety of popcorn especially from Garrett’s, certain restaurants.  From that burger to the fried fish, to the barbecue, to which Mexican restaurant has the best tacos. C’mon now you know what particular food you have a fetish for. Mines is Pho with filet mignon, Turkish pizza, chips and salsa, oh my list just goes on and on. The problem is finding a man with the same stomach as me. (Many have tried and have failed!!)

When it comes to food, I am not single minded about that and is open to trying food items. I appreciate the chefs that create new food items for us to try.  I appreciate the various ethnicity in which food can be found in with its various spices to create all new taste buds for us.

So I think that I have made it clear as to what I would have a very strong obsession in/with, that being food. So I am going to pass the question to you: of the five choices that I named at the beginning of this piece, which one would you have an obsession with? Or do you have one that is not on the list? Either way what is your obsession?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I love Haters!

It is going to come off as being sarcastic or sadistic however just let me tell you the truth.  I really do love Haters!  Their negative energy gives me the best energy to keep moving forward in accomplishing my goals. I am not going to argue with as why they hate because I am being me.  Think about it!  Do you even know why your Haters hate you? What did you do for them to hate you?  I bet you don't even know why, do you?  I thought of some reasons why Haters hate. Your accomplishments stands greater than they actual do, even with heels on!  The fact that you are willing and able to go out there and get that education to empower yourself is a threat to them.  Other than finishing high school, what else did you with your education?  Since 2008, I have obtain an A.S. in English, a Master Certificate in Telecommunication Technology, an Executive Certificate in the Cloud and in IT Security, a B.A. in Computer Network Management and I am currently working on my Master in Informati

Learning Language and Love

Okay so once again I was reading in my favorite book, The Book of Questions when I became stuck on this question: If it was the only way you could remain with the love of your life, would you be willing for both of you to wake up tomorrow as native speakers of an unfamiliar foreign language, knowing the within a week you’d permanently forget the languages you now speak and largely be cut off from your friends and culture?  If so, what new language would you want to speak, and why? The first thing that came to mind was who would not want a lover or have the thought of having that foreign lover who could either speak French and Italian.  I know I did and I think that is why I took up Spanish in high school for the last 2 years. Then when I got in college, I continue with my Spanish and I took up Russian, Greek and Italian. Crazy right? Considering the Greek and Russian alphabets are so similar and that Spanish and Italian have some similar words. It was not until 9 years later

Being that Empty-Nester

Okay to all parents who are sitting around wondering what do I do now that the kids are gone? Surely most parents have thought about this question. “ What do we do once the kids have moved on with their lives?”  I did not have to ask that question because I could not wait for Nick to get his ass out the house and stay out!! I was feeling a new sense of freedom dancing around around the house and emptying a bottle of wine in my own celebration.  However that was me and you may have your own ideal as to what you want to do. It is just where to start, right? I think I tired several times before I have to force him to not return.  (Well, he had already enrolled in the Army to go full time so I thought it was the perfect opportunity for him to get his shit in order).  And I am so glad that he did. However I was already doing the empty nest thing before Nick even finished high school.  I had joined the Illinois National Guard and I was release with an honourable medical dischar